Class Size: Limited to 10 Students
Instructor: Chris Messineo
Dates and Times:
|Fall||Ten Weeks||Sep 13 - Nov 15||Tuesdays 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Class is Over|
|Winter||Ten Weeks||Jan 4 - Mar 8||Wednesdays 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Class is Full|
|Spring||Ten Weeks||Apr 3 - Jun 5||Mondays 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Space Still Available|
Description: Do you love movies and want to know how to create your own? Have you made a film and are looking to improve your craft? Our Filmmaking for Adults class can show you how to make your own high-quality films.
The course covers all five stages of filmmaking: Development, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production, and Release.
During our ten weeks together, we learn and do the following:
- Screenwriting Basics
- Cameras (Composition, Focus, and Light)
- Lights (Hard and Soft) plus Storyboards
- Sound (Shotgun and Wireless)
- Shoot a Split Screen Video
- Preproduction and Creating a Shot List
- Shoot a Short Film with the Students as Cast and Crew
- 12 Steps of Editing
- Green Screen and Shooting a Mini Me
- Documentary Style Shooting (Interviews and Handheld)
Finally, we discuss your personal goals, so that you are ready to hit the ground running with your own projects.
Note: Select teens are eligible to take this class with instructor approval.